Paper Craft Sale

NEW DATE Sunday 6th Feb 2011, 11AM - 3PM. FREE entry, Old People;s Welfare Centre, Nottingham Road, Arnold. Nottingham. Loads of bargains and Stampin' Up! Make and Takes too.

April 15, 2009

So far out of my comfort zone.....

.....it's not true! Only last week my friend Sue was saying to me it would be my worst nightmare to make a monochrome card. So why have I made one? I'm a sucker for a challenge that's why!


Pink Petticoat papers, nestabilities, white peel offs, gems

I saw this challenge on Creative Card Crews blog and had to give it a go to prove to myself I could escape from bright colours for a while. I have to admit it was a struggle but I got there in the end. The challenge was 'monochrome madness'.

I used patterned paper from Pink Petticoat, nestabilities butterfly and some grey, black and white gems. I even used...... (Shhhh don't tell anyone!) some white peel offs! They are the flower border strip along the middle. I do have a bit of a phobia of peels offs for some reason.

And I need to apologise to Sue - I've not forgotten our challenge I just haven't quite finished, something is still missing but I'll try and complete it tomorrow.

Victoria
x

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful card! Love monochrome!
    There's a little something for you on my Blog.
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a fabulous job! And I love the
    metal butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a beautiful card Victoria - great layout and love your paper and butterfly. You have pulled this challenge off perfectly. -x-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card. Love the papers you've used!

    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  5. great card, lovely papers, and that butterfly is so gorgeous.
    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! This is really beautiful Victoria. You've worked some magic with the monochrome theme - so glad you tried it out. Thanks for joining the Creative Card Crew Challenge.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. Great layout. I love the butterfly.

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this card is stunning! the paper and border are so striking and the gorgeous butterly finishes it all stunningly
    thanks for joining in with the Creative Card Crew and good luck
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is stunning love the DP's you have used and the butterfly is beautiful. Thankyou for taking part in the Creative Card Crew Challenge.
    Paula xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely message, I've switched comment moderation on, only for a while to help me return the compliment.