Paper Craft Sale

NEW DATE Sunday 6th Feb 2011, 11AM - 3PM. FREE entry, Old People;s Welfare Centre, Nottingham Road, Arnold. Nottingham. Loads of bargains and Stampin' Up! Make and Takes too.

April 23, 2009

Big Hugs

I know challenges are meant to be challenging but this one totally had me flustered. It's week 13 over at Papertake and Dawny put this sketch together. All the Design team cards are fab and inspiring but I really struggled for some reason.



Anyway, here's what I eventually came up with:


Nestabilities, Pink Petticoat Image, Doodlebug paper frills

Hmm, maybe my base card was the wrong size for the elements I picked to use, who knows? Just don't love this one. I do love the image though, isn't it a cutie? It's a new mini download from Pink Petticoat and I've been itching to use them.

Image coloured with Pro-Markers and coated with Glamour Dust then cut out with one of my new sets of nesties! Went round the edge with Glamour Dust too before adding a rub on sentiment. The flower strip down the side is a bit from a Doodlebug Paper Frill with glitter gems stuck in the flower centres.

It still felt a bit 'open' to me so before I stuck everything down, I used a Cuttlebug border emboss folder underneath the image! I do believe in less is more - just not on this occasion!

Victoria
x

8 comments:

  1. I think the card is great, I really must take part in one of the challenges, but like you I feel they look a bit difficult. Also I can't take my laptop down to shed as there is no room for it, so by the time I have had a look at the challenges, I forget by the time I get down to doing it (oh! well, I am sure I will figure a way out off it) love Avril

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Victoria, I think the card is fine, I too struggled with this sketch I always do when it is a less is more style. Love the colours the bear is to cute. Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that image from PP. Great card. I usually do the Papertake sketch but give this one a miss - toooo challenging for me, love your take on it, Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello this is too cute Victoria, sorry my mention of curry brought on cravings, I only craved satsumas I lost my appetite in all four pregnancies. Eat what you want when you want, hugs Pascale

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a sweet card Victoria, love the colours you have chosen and less is deffo more on this card, its perfick :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its lovely you've done a fab job so the flustering must have been worth it!! x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cutie this little chap is! A great card too!
    Chrissi

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's lovely - so cute! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely message, I've switched comment moderation on, only for a while to help me return the compliment.