Paper Craft Sale

NEW DATE Sunday 6th Feb 2011, 11AM - 3PM. FREE entry, Old People;s Welfare Centre, Nottingham Road, Arnold. Nottingham. Loads of bargains and Stampin' Up! Make and Takes too.

April 28, 2009

Oooh Mama

Feel like I've found an old friend. This weeks challenge over on Papertake is 'Spots and Stripes'
What a fab excuse to get one of my old Dolly Mamas stamps out and indulge in some pinkness.


Dolly Mamas stamp, Doodlebug paper, ribbons, fiskars punch.

You know when you have one of those days? Well today was it for me. I'm overtired I think. I got wet through walking to the post office this morning, then this afternoon I went to see the midwife and forgot to take my notes...I could go on but you'd be bored stupid!

So this card is me telling myself to deal with it! I stamped the image (which had a different message on the bag) and the caption I wanted and glued over the existing one. I thought she'd look better cut out with a bit of white surround before mounting her on pink card. I shaded her with Pro-Markers but the black didn't work so well - you live and learn eh?

Made a nice change to work with one of my old favourites.

Hope you like her

Victoria
x

7 comments:

  1. I love her ! I was only having a root through my 'drawers' yesterday and came across my Dolly Mama stamps too. I'm thinking this may be an idea for this week's challenge ? Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant card Victoria and what super image :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love that sentiment! Sorry you had a bad day... but the card is great. I think you're amazing to juggle a business, a blog and an upcoming baby as well as your family! Bravo you!
    I stand in awe!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, the colours are fab. That image is funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Fab stamp! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card - that image is so different!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Victoria she looks fabby, I love the way you have cut her out, it makes her stand out really well and the colour combo is perfect. I was a bit shocked when i got mine as they are huge stamps and i normally only make 6x6" cards so i was a bit worried about how i would use them but you have given me lots of inspiration now so thankyou sweetie.
    Love n hugs
    Vikki xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely message, I've switched comment moderation on, only for a while to help me return the compliment.