Paper Craft Sale

NEW DATE Sunday 6th Feb 2011, 11AM - 3PM. FREE entry, Old People;s Welfare Centre, Nottingham Road, Arnold. Nottingham. Loads of bargains and Stampin' Up! Make and Takes too.

April 29, 2009

Love is in the air

Cheered up last night when my sister in law phoned to say her fella had popped the question whilst they were in New York and of course she said yes!

So found a sketch challenge by Sharon on Creative Card Crew and set about making them a congratulations card.


And here it is:


Greetings Farm Digital image, Pro-Markers, Nestabilities, Ribbon, button, heart punch, Doodlebug papers

I found it a bit difficult to start with, I knew I wanted to have a red theme but couldn't get the colours and patterns right. I tried swirls, flourishes, all sorts but settled on spots and stripes - must still be in the mood after yesterdays Papertake challenge!

The image is a digital download from The Greetings Farm which took me four attempts to shade right with Pro-Markers. I'm desperate for some Copics to get more tone on tone colours. The sentiment is Doodblebug rub ons on a Nestabilties tag. I love the image, wanted to use it as my sister in law isn't traditional or old fashioned and likes quirky things.

Having a day at home today, no work, cancelled going to toddler group and intend to spend the rest of the day playing with Zac, I've just fished out some card and his crayons so we're going to attempt a colouring session! Might help bring my blood pressure down a bit.

Victoria

x

12 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE the colour combo on this Victoria, super image. Joey.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a lovely lazy rest of the day.Smashing card too BettyXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Victoria, i absolutely love the image you've used and the black and red is simply sensational together. Lovely card, thank you for joining in with the ccc this week and good luck. Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Victoria - this is sensational! I love that you went with spots and stripes because they look fab against the image and background. Congrats to your s-i-l. She'll be over the moon with this card! Thanks for joining the Creative Card Crew Challenge.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Victoria, I think your SIL will love this, the colours are just perfect and such a cute image :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowzers this is so adorable Victoria, love your colour combo and sweet image which is perfect for the happy couple.
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would have love to receive such card. Nice color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, love the colours and image. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely combination of shapes and textures.I think you've got your pro-markers off to a tee ! Hope you're going to be putting your feet up a bit more often. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great card! Those colors really pop, and your coloring is beautiful! I love how you combined paper hearts with a button heart. Great job--I know she'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fab card such a great colour combo. Thankyou for taking part in the Creative Card Crew Challenge.
    Paula xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey there Victoria, love your take on the sketch - the colours are fab and go so well with the TGF image
    thanks for joining the Creative Card Crew challenge
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely message, I've switched comment moderation on, only for a while to help me return the compliment.