Paper Craft Sale

NEW DATE Sunday 6th Feb 2011, 11AM - 3PM. FREE entry, Old People;s Welfare Centre, Nottingham Road, Arnold. Nottingham. Loads of bargains and Stampin' Up! Make and Takes too.

April 06, 2009

Papertake Weekly Challenge and Easter Wishes

Only just managed to do this one on time as the new challenge will be set today over at Papertake.

The challenge was to make a card using the following:
one circle
two ribbons
three images


Papers and images Pink Petticoat Spring Wishes



I love love love these new papers and images from Pink Petticoat. The images are coloured with Pro-Markers and cut with nestabilities. I printed the ribbon myself as wanted some to match the papers. The plain pink ribbon was out of my odds and ends box. I decorated the inside of the card too with another bunny and greeting.

If you want to have a go at printing your own ribbon, here's how I did mine. Can't promise it'll work for you as it will probably depend on your printer, type of ribbon and card used etc.

First I got a sheet of A4 card and popped lots of strips of low tac tape on with plain white satin ribbon over the top. carefully trimming the edges and making sure well stuck down. I know how temperamental my printer can be!



Next I selected my chosen paper and set my printer to best photo setting (I have an Epson RX685) and crossed my fingers! It worked, a little bleeding and smudging but I'm OK with that. I used white Zeta linen card by the way.



Then hey presto - peel gently away from the card sheet and I have fab Pink Petticoat ribbon to match my card to perfection.

Going to print lots more later on if I get the time. Got to face the supermarket shortly and then the housework and then some real work too!
Victoria
x

29 comments:

  1. Fab card - I love how you have made your printed ribbon - what a great idea! :) Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Printing on ribbon! Wow! It so needs to be 5pm so i can go home and try that!!! I wonder if you could print text along it.... hmmm...

    Anna

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes you can print text - run the card through your printer first, then stick the ribbon over the text and run it through again!

    Enjoy after 5pm
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Victoria Top tip!! - will be trying this very soon. Great Easter card. Will let you know how I got on. Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Victoria
    Just found your blog by chance, how clever are you and the ribbon is fab, I might even try it myself.
    Thanks for the tip

    Vicki x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic idea Victoria! And your instructions are fabulous. I'm going to give it a try : )
    Thank you SO much for posting this.
    Liz
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea I'll only be buying plain white ribbon from now on!! ... ok ok may be not, but this is a wonderful idea TFS
    Sue B x
    ps got the link from Pink Petticoat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Found your blog through link from PP - Thanks for sharing this fab idea, can't wait to give it a go x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I found you through PP too, such a great idea, thanx for sharing xx

    I'm soo looking forward to having a go :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an AWESOME idea!!! Thanks for sharing it...off to give it a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh wow, that is just such a brilliant idea!!!! thankyou so much for sharing this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great Idea, done the wording ~ not thought of patterns!! Will put link on my blog to yours when I've made ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous technique..well done you
    Dont think I'll attempt it Id naff it right up...and me printer LOL

    mandi xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great idea! That looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. awesome idea ! I found your blog thru lyn and i'll give it a go.! I do hope it works though..cos my inkjet printer is weird and the ink always bleed when come contact with wateer.

    Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG!!!!!!!!! What a wonderful idea. This adds so much to a LO. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a brillaint idea
    Thank you so much for sharing
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful idea! I am going to have to try this only I will have to purchase some white ribbon first. Does the Grossgrain or the satin ribbon work better? Thanks for the idea!

    www.ScrappinCricut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fantastic Idea, thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  20. brill thanks for sharing.
    poppy

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fab idea, I always struggle to find the perfect ribbon so this is great!
    Thanks for sharing it
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a wonderful, wonderful, WONDERFUL idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG what an amazing idea ... i shall defo be using this idea! Jillix

    ReplyDelete
  24. have seen this done with text before but I love your idea with the pattern...fab!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a fantastic idea, thanks for sharing! Will definately have a go at this!

    Barbarax

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a great tip, thanks for sharing, will be giving it a go

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you for sharing this great idea for printing ribbon. I have in the past used this technique for printing text on ribbon - what I did was print onto a sheet of thin card first then tape my ribbon over the text and reprint; This ensured I was able to position the text exactly where I wanted it to be, however, it never crossed my mind to print designs in the same way. Thank you this is brilliant, opens up so many possibilities. Sue P.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the ribbons, I have just printed some out on white satin and they are perfect, I used double sided tape to stick ribbon to card but as this could work out quite expensive I would love to know what other tapes work as well. Thanks again for sharing this brilliant idea. Bobbie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely message, I've switched comment moderation on, only for a while to help me return the compliment.