Paper Craft Sale

NEW DATE Sunday 6th Feb 2011, 11AM - 3PM. FREE entry, Old People;s Welfare Centre, Nottingham Road, Arnold. Nottingham. Loads of bargains and Stampin' Up! Make and Takes too.

April 18, 2009

Bloomin' Marvellous

Ooh fab, the challenge this week on Cute Card Thursday is simply 'Floral fantasy'. Very handy for me as I can use my new Brenda Walton stamps again!


Brenda Walton stamps, Slice die cutter, sakura pens, ribbon, button, Memento inks
I used white linen base card and randomly stamped some flowers using Memento inks in Rose Bud and Angel Pink. Then for the first time in ages I got out some Sakura Sparkle pens and did a spot of colouring and shading using a water brush. (Get a load of me said the usually very lazy crafter!).
Popped a bit of orange card across the top before cutting some fab label shapes out with The Slice and a bit more stamping with the negative of the flower image. You can't see on the photo but I've gone over the stamped image with Glamour Dust - it's just not quite sunny enough to show up :(, then round the edges with an orange ink pad.
Finished off with a bit of ribbon, a button and a faux bow. Hoping for some inspiration now as I've got a couple fo hours free to sit in my craft room and not a clue what to do!
Victoria
x

5 comments:

  1. Fab, Fab, Fab! Orange and pink can look really stunning together, and this certainly does!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo i luv the colour combo on this one
    linniex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card, love the colours & very floral fantasy!! Lovely hun x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!
    Many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge! Have a great day!
    Debx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely, a great colour combination!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely message, I've switched comment moderation on, only for a while to help me return the compliment.