Paper Craft Sale

NEW DATE Sunday 6th Feb 2011, 11AM - 3PM. FREE entry, Old People;s Welfare Centre, Nottingham Road, Arnold. Nottingham. Loads of bargains and Stampin' Up! Make and Takes too.

April 16, 2009

She started it, I've finished it......

Ages ago, Sue set the challenge for each of us to start a card for the other to finish. And it's taken me over two weeks. Because I was waiting for some stamps I'd ordered to arrive (honestly).

Here's the card Sue started for me:



Sue chalked the card in green and blue then cut a circle using Nestabilities and stamped on it with the Basic Grey Two Scoops in Adirondack Lettuce. The stamp Sue used on the blue border is from a Paper Artsy set called Swirls & Curls, which was stamped in Black Stazon before tearing the bottom edge.

And here's how I've finished it, hope I've done it justice:


Brenda Walton stamps, Creative Imaginations paper, glitter gems, doodlebug button, Memento inks.
I saw these flower stamps from Brenda Walton on a card Sue made and have been oggling after them ever since. Finally found them on ebay and they arrived at last. I stamped them onto white and green card using Memento inks in Bahama Blue and Pear Tart then cut them out, not something I'd normally do as far too fiddly and too much effort! I'm such a lazy crafter at heart. Stamped a few extras onto the card before popping the flowers on top.
The strip of flower edged paper is from Creative Imaginations and came ready punched to save me a job, that's far more my style! Finally I added a few gems, coloured with peel off pens and a spotty button in the centre of the main image.
You can see the before card I created for Sue and her finished creation on her blog Stamping Sue Style.
Victoria
x

3 comments:

  1. What a brilliant idea. It's a bit like playing consequences isn't it! You did well between you!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it ! Those stamps are gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many gorgeous creations since my last visit Victoria.
    What a fab idea for someone to start a card and you finish it! I adore your flower stamps and they are so beautifully arranged.
    I'm a lazy crafter too, I don't do fiddly!
    Your card is stunning, and I love the richness of the colours,
    fab work,
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely message, I've switched comment moderation on, only for a while to help me return the compliment.