Paper Craft Sale

NEW DATE Sunday 6th Feb 2011, 11AM - 3PM. FREE entry, Old People;s Welfare Centre, Nottingham Road, Arnold. Nottingham. Loads of bargains and Stampin' Up! Make and Takes too.

April 21, 2009

Just Magnolia

A little something different from me today. Found a new challenge blog Just Magnolia and their first challenge uses a sketch and a Magnolia stamp. I have quite a few tucked away in a drawer and decided to dust one off. Most seem to be winter themed but I found this one of Tingla in the bath.


Magnolia stamp, doodlebug rub ons, nestabilities, Pro-MArkers, Prima flowers, glitter gems, Cuttlebug emboss folders, DCWV paper, brads
I stamped the image and coloured with Pro-Markers, highlighted with a little Glamour Dust and some glitter gems on the water bubbles. Did my best interpretation of the sketch layout which I found really challenging to fit on the card well. I decided to limit my colours in case the Tingla image ended up getting lost in chaos. It was only when I went to pop Tingla on the card I realised she was too big to fit in the sketch, so I cut her out and mounted her on 3D foam.
A spot of Cuttlebugging to add some texture and some fab Prima flowers and I was almost done. Took me ages to figure out the text for this one and I decided to do a circle rather than a rectangle as on the sketch - hope that's OK.
Well it's another gorgeous sunny day so I'm venturing out for a walk for a coffee with my friend Tam and her little baby Eve. It'll be more of a waddle as bubs is lying very low down today, but I have the pushchair with Zac in to lean on so that'll help - I paint a pretty picture don't I?
Victoria
x

11 comments:

  1. aww that is very cute hun x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bubbly, lovely card thinks Nilla!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Victoria, so cute and I love the blue!

    Vicki x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog, your cards are just gorgeous

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for popping over and following! Loads of crafty people have told me they love your printing on ribbon link, (One as far away as Singapore!) Fantastic cards on here AND I found your forum post about linking on blogs! (I've only managed to do it once!) New things to find and learn every day! Don't you just love blogging!!
    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very bubbly! Really cute Victoria. Love those flowers.
    Are Copics all they're reputed to be? They're just SO expensive!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh look at that little cutie in the tub, how sweet! Fab colour scheme too!
    Hugs Tab xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh this is adorable, love this little character. thanks for joining us at just magnolia. Hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Victoria, this is such a lovely card! I love all the blues, so pretty!!

    Thank you for joining us at Just Magnolia this week,

    xx Naoual

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this is another winner. I love the shades of blue. I am warming to the idea of Pro-markers :-)Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so gorgeous hun, love the beautiful papers and colours, wonderful detail too. Thanks for joining us on our first week x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely message, I've switched comment moderation on, only for a while to help me return the compliment.