Paper Craft Sale

NEW DATE Sunday 6th Feb 2011, 11AM - 3PM. FREE entry, Old People;s Welfare Centre, Nottingham Road, Arnold. Nottingham. Loads of bargains and Stampin' Up! Make and Takes too.

December 03, 2009

Christmas without red or green

This week at Paperplay our challenge is to create a Christmas project 'without using red or green'. Now I've bodged this up spectacularly haven't I? I read it as don't use red and green together! I should have gone to Spec-Savers lol!!



So here's my pink and green creation. I'm entering these challenges:


Recipe:
Green Galore, Whisper White and Pixie Pink card stock and inks, Tag and Eyelet punches, Linen thread, Bold Brights buttons, Perfect Presents and Season of Joy stamp sets.

So this is made entirely with Stampin' Up products and I got messy making it too - great fun. I stamped the white trees with Versamark on white card and heat embossed with white powder before sponging over green ink. The third tree was stamped with Craft white ink on pink card. I love this little tag stamp and it matches perfectly with the two sized tag punches which are on offer at the moment. Spend £45 or more on products from the Christmas Extravaganza and get one or both for free! Contact me for details.

I finished it off using a border punch, some buttons and linen thread and some swirls stamped in green. It looks brighter than this but it was a bit dull when I took the photo.

CHARITY CANDY****

Don't forget there's still time to enter my Charity Candy, the draw closes on 9th December but you have until 16th December to get your handmade cards and gifts to me. I have nearly 300 entries so far - would be fantastic to get that to 400 for a very worthy charity. You can see all the details here.

Thanks
Victoria
x

30 comments:

  1. pretty card even if you did use green (smile). it's lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous!
    Hugs Gisela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I love the pink and green together! Very festive card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pink and green together!!! wonderful card!you spent alot of time and work with the embossing and it was well worth the effort- kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super sweet SU only card! Your a natural demonstrator!Congrats on so many entries for your charity candy! You rock GF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable, love the colours (!!!!!) and that tiny tag is so pretty! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the green and pink combo so much! So elegant and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Victoria, pink and green is so much prettier than red and green and the Christmas trees are stunning! I'm sorry I've not been around much this week a combination of not feeling well and soldering on with work! Hope all OK with you and the boys :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is sooo gorgeous Victoria! I love the funky tree, and pink and green is one of my favourite colour conbos - I love it on a Christmas card, it all looks fab! ;)
    Love, Georgia xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card.... and not your typical shade of "Christmas" Green. I think you did a great job. Stunning card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. victoria this is just so lush, i love it and you definately had a great time with all your new stampin up goodies hun xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well I can't see a problem with it. Pink and green are my fav combo so I like it. You still found some other challenges to enter it in, so all is good!!
    Kylie xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just stunning Victoria love it!!

    Hugs Di xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Victoria this is fab, I love these colours together & I have this set.............I may need to CASE it, I love it!!!!

    Hugs

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think you've done a fab job ! I'm loving all the 'inkiness' (is that a word?) you're getting up to now. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card!!! Omgosh... those colors are totally fabby!!!
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really love the colors of the card! It looks so soft and gentle!
    Love the buttons you added too! :)
    Thank you so much for playing with us this week at La-La Land Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is gorgeous! I love the pink and green!
    Hugs,
    April

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW...those non traditional colors (even if they are 'bodged') are gorgeous together. Love this. Thanks for playing along with us at Unscripted Sketches this week.
    Sarah M
    Unscripted DT

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think this may be my favorite so far - you totally rocked this!! I don't care if you used green :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh I love these colours they're so fab together and what wonderful trees.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card!! I LOVE these colors for Christmas! And I have those stamps....hmmmm.... may need to scraplift this one! LOL Beautiful job with the sketch! Thanks so much for playing with Unscripted!

    Hollie
    Unscripted DT

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fab card!
    Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  24. What an outstanding job on this weeks sketch! Victoria you really outdid yourself. Thanks for sharing with us at Unscripted Sketches! Beth

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOVE pink and green for Christmas!!! Thank you SO MUCH for playing with us this week at La-La Land Crafts!!
    Hugs!!
    :) Irina

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous colors! Love it! Thanks for joining in with us at Unscripted!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I don;'t know how I miss this post, Victoria! I love this card! I lvoe how you popped the tree int he center! Great job! Thanks so much for playing along with us at La La Land Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  28. SO pretty! Love the colors and all the swirls! Thanks for joining us at La-La's Weekly Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ooo, very CUTE! LOVE your colors :) Thanks for playing along in our La-La Weekly Wednesday Challenge!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great colros thanks for playing at unscripted this week

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely message, I've switched comment moderation on, only for a while to help me return the compliment.