I've wanted to make one of these cupcake gift card holders for a long time and finally I've done it! I followed a fab video tutorial on you tube.
I'm entering this for these challenges:
- SophistiCat - Pink and brown and flowers (I'm too late again!)
- A Spoon Full of Sugar - Kitchen or cooking themed projects
- La-La Land - Ribbon
- Funky Fairy's - touchy feely (sorry no FF products used)
- Chorrosive Challenge - no cards!
- Royal Challenge - pink + at least 3 challenges
You make the cupcake using a foam or oasis ball and build around it - a hot glue gun is a must! I had to sew too - so much ribbon sewn and scrunched up on the first and last layers of 'frosting'. I also used flowers, gems, a wooden bead, a glass bead, DCWV card stock and a mini bull dog clip.
The photo's really don't make it look as gorgeous as it is! And when you pull the cherry:
The gift card slides out. This is for my sister in law, it's her birthday next week and she's also just bought her first home with her fella so we got her a Habitat gift card - two pressies in one! Hopefully the cupcake will be something she wants to keep.
So come and join us at Die Cut Dreams and be inspired by the Design Team projects, can't wait to see what you create.