Paper Craft Sale

NEW DATE Sunday 6th Feb 2011, 11AM - 3PM. FREE entry, Old People;s Welfare Centre, Nottingham Road, Arnold. Nottingham. Loads of bargains and Stampin' Up! Make and Takes too.

August 16, 2009

I found my 'Oooh' and 'Zac in a box'!

Well losing my 'oooh' was quite short lived!!

I took advice from Sharon and Lynne, left my craft room in a tidy(ish) state and came downstairs and phoned a friend, not to win a million unfortunately, but to ask for some bubs related advice. Anyway I went back
upstairs and my 'oooh' was waiting up there for me.



This card is for two challenges, Secret Crafters and Our Creative Corner. The challenges are 'Fancy corners' and 'Christmas in August'. I found the majority of my 'oooh' by visiting my friend Sue's blog and seeing her rather fabby recessed window cards. You can see them here, please take a look.



The tutorial to make a card like this can be found here. I changed the measurements and did a double crease down the spine of the card to give it more depth and support. I used papers from a 6x6 stack I have but the cover is missing - sorry, the image is a digi stamp from Willow Designs and I fell a bit in love with him! Shaded with Copics and ProMarkers and highlighted with Glamour Dust. My decorative corners are the glittery holly as I don't own any corner punches or flourishes or anything remotely fitting in the decorative corner box! Hope this will do.

Here's the inside:




And to finish and hopefully give you a bit of a giggle:



Zac-in-a-box! He took the lid of his activity cube and climbed inside. He did actually get stuck but I managed to take a photo before we rescued him. He was properly wedged in bless him. I wish I'd popped my camera onto video mode but sometimes I'm just not quick enough in the brain cell department.

Victoria
x

14 comments:

  1. Oh bless your little one, he's a real cutie.

    Loving the crimbo card, great idea.

    Hugs Lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahey ! Glad I could be of assistance ! Card's realy great,I've not taken the plunge into Christmas yet. Think I need my holiday first. Zac is such a star ! Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling card and kiddo there!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well OOOH came back with a winner. I love those digi downloads too. You'll still be rescuing that little sweetie in forty years time-I rescued mine the other week -stuck in his car on a hill reverse gear gone and the handbrake-bring some bricks he wailed I've got my foot on the footbrake. Hugs BettyXXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous!!!!

    Thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Victoria, I love the recessed window and such a cute image too! Your Zac in a box is brilliant, he really looks like he enjoyed it lol! So pleased you could join us at SCSC this week :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous xmas card Victoria I love the cute image aww Zac looks so cute thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just knew you'd get your oooh back. Love the window card, thanks for the link. Ahhh Zac, they're so cute at that age.... I remember my boy at that age...he's 13 now and still cute, but in a different way! :)x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Victoria, I love how the image is set back, I must try that sometime.... along with all the other things I keep saying I need to try!!!

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome card - looks really tricky! Zac's photo is priceless! Another scrap booking page perhaps?
    Alicia xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great effect, it looks like a framed picture..must have a go!
    Glad you've got your Oooh back, you make lovely items. I watched a programme a while ago that tested when people were most 'clear headed and inspired' and it was when people had a complete change of focus and then went back to their projects :)
    Crafts By Bee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Zac is such a cutie! He was having such fun! Great card Victoria but I just can't believe it, you've got a newborn and toddler at home and you're already making your xmas cards!!?? You're amazing!! Oh and I forgot the dinner party the other night!!
    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooh! That ooooh came back with some real Umph! This is absolutley fantastic Victoria. So glad the advice worked for you. You will be all ooooh!ed up for days now.
    Love this card but that Zak photo is priceless!
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card, and I love those corners.
    Thank you for joining in the SCSC this time.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely message, I've switched comment moderation on, only for a while to help me return the compliment.