Paper Craft Sale

NEW DATE Sunday 6th Feb 2011, 11AM - 3PM. FREE entry, Old People;s Welfare Centre, Nottingham Road, Arnold. Nottingham. Loads of bargains and Stampin' Up! Make and Takes too.

August 12, 2009

3-2-1

If you're the same age as me or older you probably have a mental picture of Dusty Bin in your head after my post title! It actually refers to the challenge at Stamptacular this week to use 3 brads, 2 patterned papers and 1 flower.


K&Co stamps, Pink Petticoat papers, papermania brads

I really like this one although I admit I seem to be doing a good line in monochrome cards after stating a while back that I found them really difficult. Eat my own words and all....

The stamped flower and sentiment are by K&Co, the papers are from Pink Petticoat and the brads are by Papermania. I saw a similar sketch on a challenge somewhere that I missed and this gave me some influence on the layout. Sorry I can't remember where I saw it.

Me and Mum went out this morning in the pouring rain to the shops with the double buggy, bit of an experience for me getting the boys ready together and into the car, bit of a test run for when I'm on my own. Friday is my first day solo with no help!! Mum goes back to Spain tomorrow afternoon.

Right, off to pop my feet up whilst I still can

Victoria
x

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful black and white card Victoria, it is so elegant. Thanks for joining us at SSC.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow hun very elegant, looks like a canvas you'd buy from the range!! Gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the monochrome card!

    You're brave taking a double buggy shopping in the rain, I used to stuggle with a single buggy in the sunshine??!!!

    Hugs Lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super stunning card Victoria and such a beautiful choice of papers to go with your image! I hope you enjoy the rest of the time you have with your Mum :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Victoria, I really love black & white. I didn't brave the rain with Daisy last week... well done you for going out in it with both boys!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an elegant card very striking.
    Paula xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What gorgous and elegant card! Love the b and w together and how you've kept the image uncolored, it goes perfectly with the rest.

    Thanks for joining us at SSC this week!

    Hugs, Line

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful and elegant!!!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really beautiful! I love the elegant simplicity of it. Thanks for joining in our challenge at SSC this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Victoria,

    I LOVE this card! Black and white is my favorite color combination when making a card! FABULOUS job on this week's challenge!

    Thanks for playing along with us this week at Stamptacular! I hope you'll join us again soon for some more challenge fun!

    Hugs,
    Priscilla

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card, love your monochromatic scheme!

    I'm so glad you joined us this week at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!

    Pleasantly,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous card Victoria, I really love monochrome, stunning!
    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Victoria, I totally agree with you about the 3-2-1, when I first saw this on our DT list the first thing that came to mind was Dusty Bin...lol.

    Thanks for joining us this week at SSC.

    Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great card.

    Thanks for joining us at SSC

    Janneke X

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty! Love the simple elegance of the black and white! Great job!
    Thanks so much for joining us at SSC this week! See you again soon!

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a really classy card! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely message, I've switched comment moderation on, only for a while to help me return the compliment.