Paper Craft Sale

NEW DATE Sunday 6th Feb 2011, 11AM - 3PM. FREE entry, Old People;s Welfare Centre, Nottingham Road, Arnold. Nottingham. Loads of bargains and Stampin' Up! Make and Takes too.

March 03, 2009

Stamping with bleach

My friend Sue and I try to set each other a weekly challenge to keep our creativity going. We don't always manage it, with Sue being busy at work and me running around after Zac and having another bubs on the way too.

So the last challenge we both completed was to make a card by stamping with bleach, here's mine (I've got to improve my photo skills):


Stamps - Hero Arts, Impression Obsession, black pearl base card, nestabilities, ribbons, glitter gems.

I tried so many different types of card to get this to work, in the end opting for a scrap of pink cheapish sugar type paper. The stamps are a Hero Arts set and I think it turned out OK. I used really thick bleach so had to thin down with a bit of water. All you do is pop a few pieces of kitchen roll in a dish and pour the bleach on and dip your stamp in. You'll need to wash the stamp straight away when you've done!

I used a heat gun to dry it off quickly and used the same stamp in black Stayzon for the centre embellishment then finished off with an Impression Obsession phrase stamp. I don't think I'd let the bleach dry for long enough as the ink didn't take too well.

I sent the card to a friend who needed to smile that week :)

Victoria
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your lovely message, I've switched comment moderation on, only for a while to help me return the compliment.