Paper Craft Sale

NEW DATE Sunday 6th Feb 2011, 11AM - 3PM. FREE entry, Old People;s Welfare Centre, Nottingham Road, Arnold. Nottingham. Loads of bargains and Stampin' Up! Make and Takes too.

September 01, 2009

Summer lovin'

Well it officially feels like Summer's been and gone so it was good to make a Summer themed card today amidst the thunder, lightning and hail!

The Summer theme comes from Die Cut Dreams, the sketch is by Dawny at Anyone for Anya, I used a recipe of 3 buttons, 2 patterned papers and 1 ribbon from Cupcake Crafts and my favourite combination of colours from Copic Creations.



I shaded Miss Anya with orange and pink Copics, my favourite colour combo (along with anything with pink in it!), the large patterned paper is from Pink Petticoat and the diddy dots from Doodlebug. I couldn't find the paper I wanted in my stash so I printed the large spot paper off in 'papaya' and shaded the dots in with Copics to get the colours I wanted.

The ribbon is from Hobbycraft the cute buttons are My Minds Eye and the flower is from my stash. Hmm, I can tell I need to get my little photo studio cube thingymagig out as I took these pics outside and even though I've photo shopped the life out of it, it doesn't look anything near as pink as it is really.



I also got this lovely award from Caryn at Glitter Me Silly. Thanks so much Caryn, it's really appreciated. Caryn has an amazing blog and I'm honoured to get this award from her.



I need to tell you five things about me and pass this on to five others. Hmm, Five things I haven't already divulged to you....
  1. I have a rubber duck on my kitchen window ledge - it's a thermometer for Blake's bath!
  2. I currently have a Mr Bump yellow and blue plaster on my little finger - a crafting accident fixed up with one of Zac's plasters (courtesy of my Dad!)
  3. I plan to have a glass of champagne with my tea tonight (thanks Michelle and Mark for the anniversary gift)
  4. I find listening to someone doing the ironing (theirs or mine!) incredibly soothing
  5. I had a good old dance to 'Bob the Builder' CD with Zac this morning
I'm passing this on to Chrissie, Sue, Donna, Steph and Bee. Have a visit over their way if you haven't already.

Victoria
x

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for the award, after the day we've had it's a real lift. The weather has been awful and when you're on your hols it's starts to get pretty depressing ! I did find The Range just up the road on the outskirts of Carlisle, so a little therapy was had ! Lovely card, those buttons are really gorgeous. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Victoria, sorry...I'm sitting here laughing at you dancing to Bob the Builder lol! James confessed to me this afternoon that he sat and watched Postman Pat this morning...he's 15 bless him lol! Scrummy card you have made and I so love the colours and papers you have used they are so bright and cheery! IKWYM about not getting good pics at the moment I'm struggling too and will have to see if hubby can make me something that I can take my pics in :) thanks also for the award Victoria, you are so kind to think of me and I truly am grateful that you think me worthy to pass it on to, thanks hun you have made my day :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for thinking of me Victoria, I always enjoy reading the little gems of info about my bloggy friends, I hope the Mr BUMP plaster makes your finger all better!
    Great colours on this card, even if you're not too pleased with the picture.
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Victoria, what a gorgeous card. I love the miss anya image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Victoria and Congrats on your award. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGosh Victoria, isn't this just the cutest! She is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous colourcombo and nice flower buttons!

    Nice to have you in our AFA challenge!

    Sunny regards, Renata

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, thank you for this Victoria! You have been really supportive of my new blog and it's always a pleasure to visit yours and your gorgeous creations :)
    (Off to think of 5 interesting things about me!)
    Crafts By Bee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another beautiful piece of work from you Victoria. Stunning colouring and such a neat and crisp layout i love it. Thankyou for joining in the DCD challenge this week... Look forward to seeing more of your work in the coming weeks.
    Love n hugs
    Vikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another Stunning work of art darling and again my fave colour too !!!
    Thanks for joining in this week at the DCD Challenge
    Hugs Susie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. gorgeous card - i love those colours

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love you facts lol!
    Congrats on receiving this lovely award & thanks a million for passing it onto little old me (I LOVE awards lol) - MWAH!!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh how gorgeous Victoria. I love the image and colours you used and you did a fab job with the sketch as well - love it :) Thank you for joining us over at AFA, hugs, Dawny xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is really gorgeous i am loving the beautiful colors that you have used here, great job on our challenge at cupcake hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely message, I've switched comment moderation on, only for a while to help me return the compliment.