Paper Craft Sale

NEW DATE Sunday 6th Feb 2011, 11AM - 3PM. FREE entry, Old People;s Welfare Centre, Nottingham Road, Arnold. Nottingham. Loads of bargains and Stampin' Up! Make and Takes too.

September 07, 2009

Mojo Elephant

This card is for two challenges, Mojo Monday - 'the sketch' and The Pink Elephant -'black, red, yellow and white':



I know I've used this image from CC Designs recently but she's cute and needed another outing. I really need to work on my yellow shading, it looks OK and then you take a photo and it looks like I did it after too many glasses of wine! I changed the centre shape on the sketch as feel I've done a lot of straight edges of late. The papers are Doodlebug and I couldn't resist a flower and a glitter gem - coloured with Copics to match the image.

Zac's at his Grandparents today as me and Blake have been for our 8 weeks check ups, Blake had to have jabs - not sure he will trust me to take him out again!

Will have to post very early or very late tomorrow as it's my Husband's Gran's funeral. I'm not going to the funeral as we can't get anyone to watch the boys, but I'll be going to the wake afterwards. And then it will get very emotional for me as we're taking her flowers up to my baby son's grave. She's having white avalanche roses, the flowers Flynn had for his funeral. I think I'll take him a little teddy bear too, his brothers have loads and won't mind sharing.

Victoria
x

16 comments:

  1. WOW!! very nice. Loved the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Victoria, love the combo of colours and papers and I agree this is such a cute image :) hope all goes well tomorrow, a very emotional day for you but such a wonderful idea with the flowers...big hugs for tomorrow :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab spots, shapes and colours here! Lovely design. Thanks for popping my candy on your blog and for joining in :)
    (So sorry to read about your husbands gran but also your loss, there are no words for that x)
    Crafts By Bee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous combinations of papers and colours, the change of shape in the centre is brilliant. I've just looked at the challenge and thought what ? I hope you're sitting down....there's a new craft shop opening in the village ! OMG ! Need to do some investigation, will let you know what the opening hours are. Thoughts are with you for tomorrow ((H)). Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Donna, what a stunning card, love the image and your coloring is beautiful, no need to think the yellow is not good, it is fabulous. Really feel for you over your husband's gran's funeral and wake, and visiting your little one's grave will be the saddest of days for you. My love and heart goes out to you, as have lost a wee girl too 21 yrs ago and still find it hard to bear. All the best, take care
    Rel xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh lovely card, love the colour scheme. Hope everything goes ok at the Funeral. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, so sweet
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet card Victoria and I love the stong colours and the polka dots. Hope all goes as well as can be expected tomorrow.
    Hugs Tara xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute. Great job on the color combo!

    Lisa A.

    ReplyDelete
  10. he he like your title chick! Fab card stands out lovely with the colour combo & the dots...fab!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is adorable! I love red,white and black cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is fabulous - thanks for sharing it with us at the Pink Elephant.
    Ann xxx
    http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very lovely! I like the mixture of the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love her!! What a great card - all your details are perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely adorable!! Those colors really pop against the black background

    ReplyDelete
  16. Darling card!! Love how you framed the sweet image. Thanks for playing along with us at TPE this week!!

    Sheri
    http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely message, I've switched comment moderation on, only for a while to help me return the compliment.