Paper Craft Sale

NEW DATE Sunday 6th Feb 2011, 11AM - 3PM. FREE entry, Old People;s Welfare Centre, Nottingham Road, Arnold. Nottingham. Loads of bargains and Stampin' Up! Make and Takes too.

June 06, 2009

Yummy Cake

Where did the sun go? It's hammering it down outside. So I'm posting early today as lots to do this morning before we got out for our family lunch. This card is from a sketch on A Spoon Full Of Sugar:


Pink Petticoat image, Dodlebug papers, butons and boutique trims
I liked this sketch as soon as I saw it and wanted to give it a go. Decided to use it to make a card fro my mum in law from me and my hubby. The image is from Pink Petticoats Eat Cake collection, looks good enough to eat doesn't it? I shaded it with copics and then sprinkled with glamour dust. The patterned paper is from Doodlebug and I layered it up with a strip of pink boutique trims then used a snip from the end for the sentiment at the top.
Lilac card has been embossed with Swiss dots and I found the flourishes in my box of odds and ends I keep on my worktop. I'd cut them out on The Slice for something else and not used them. The buttons are finished with ribbon, beads and elastic thread and stuck down with silicone glue.
Right, time for a cuppa.
Victoria
x

8 comments:

  1. Lovely card and the cake looks good enough to eat
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely card & colours. Its hammering it down here too, very miserable! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love that colour combo and I love the previous colours of the rainbow card. Liz is so clever -she has such lovely images. Did I see the words "double buggy"-oh flipperdy dip! Love BettyXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, with great colours...and so many lovely dots...

    Thanks for your participation.

    Hugs Ivi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card, Love the colours and the texture. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. yummi*
    Lovely card...

    Thanks so much for playing with my sketch..
    Hugs, Sonja xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card Victoria, love the colours and beautiful embellies, hope you enjoyed your lunch today :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so gorgeous Victoria, it does look very yummy! Love all the colours as well,
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely message, I've switched comment moderation on, only for a while to help me return the compliment.