Paper Craft Sale

NEW DATE Sunday 6th Feb 2011, 11AM - 3PM. FREE entry, Old People;s Welfare Centre, Nottingham Road, Arnold. Nottingham. Loads of bargains and Stampin' Up! Make and Takes too.

June 09, 2009

Geometric shapes

The lovely Sharon has set the challenge this week at Creative Card Crew to create a card using geometric patterns. I thought it would be really easy but I have soooo many papers to choose from I wasn't sure what to do. Eventually decided on this:


Pink Petticoat patterned paper and image, Nestabilities, Copics, Fiskars punch
Bit of an accident how this one turned out. My printer ran low on blue ink half way through printing and the patterned paper came out in these colours which I decided I preferred! How lucky is that? It's from the new 'Big Fella' range at Pink Petticoat. Anyway, paper and colours decided upon, I got a few pads of plain papers out from DCWV and selected the best matches and finally chose an image. I'd already got this flower one printed off, again from Pink Petticoat so matched up the colours and pieced the lot together. I think the shapes in the image match the shapes in the paper too.
I'd never normally choose these colours so chuffed it turned out this way.
Didn't quite make it through Sex and the City yesterday, Zac woke up with teething pain and only seemed pacified by CBEEBIES, not quite what I had in mind but there you go! Maybe try again later.
Victoria
x

10 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Victoria, and your colours look great, a very "Happy Accident"
    Clairex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Victoria this is super stunning, gorgeous card hunny, love your colour choice. Thanks for joining us this week. Joey.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card and what a lucky accident
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card Victoria and a wonderfully happy accident with the printer, I love this colour combo, bet you couldn't do it again lol! :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, great colours. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Victoria thank you so much for the super sweet comment you left - literally you made my day.
    This card is a stunner - i adore the papers you used - and love the cute image - coloured in gorgeous colours too. Its so funky and fresh yet really pretty
    thanks for joining in the Creative Card Crew challenge
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Victoria, a real funky feel. Perfect combo with paper and image, wish I could have happy accidents like you.
    Hope Zac is pain free tonight poor little baby.
    Thank you for playing along with the Creative Card Crew.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card! The colors are fab and love the punched border and the cute posies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely hun, hope zac is ok xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card Victoria, luv the colours, fabby flowers, sue.x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely message, I've switched comment moderation on, only for a while to help me return the compliment.