Paper Craft Sale

NEW DATE Sunday 6th Feb 2011, 11AM - 3PM. FREE entry, Old People;s Welfare Centre, Nottingham Road, Arnold. Nottingham. Loads of bargains and Stampin' Up! Make and Takes too.

June 28, 2009

Pretty Packaging

I have to thank Jo for both my posts today as she asked me to make a baby keepsake box as well as a wedding card!

Secret Crafters challenge this week is 'Pretty Packaging' so I thought this would be appropriate.


Ribbon, Glamour Dust, Pearls, Flowers

This is for a Christening to keep all the cards in. I used a satin ribbon and a sheer one with printed flowers on, some lovely paper flowers and pearl gems which I stuck down patiently with Glossy Accents. I printed the name and went over it with Glamour Dust, cut out with Nestabilities ovals and mounted on another oval of glitter paper.

Had a bit of a retro moment today. Do you remember Ice Magic ice cream topping from many years back? You used to pour it on your ice cream and it would 'magically' set to a solid chocolate crust. Well I've been craving it for about a month now (along with Cider lollies!) and finally discovered that although it's no longer made, Askeys do an equivalent and Sainsbury's sell it! So you can imagine how content I was this afternoon with a bowl full of Rocky Road ice cream topped with runny sauce that set to solid chocolate - heaven!!

Victoria
x

11 comments:

  1. Love the flowers, really pretty card, something to keep forever.
    Please pop over to
    My Blog I have a little Award for yours!

    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful box Victoria, I love the ribbons and all those gorgeous pearls, hope you enjoyed your icecream, thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Victoria this is so beautiful!
    They will definitely treasure this!
    Oh so glad you found your setting chocolate yum!
    hugs
    kim x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous box, this will certainly be something to be treasured forever. Thanks for the reminder about the ribbon, will make sure I put my scissors in my hand bag !
    Sue
    x
    P.S. I remember the Ice Magic topping too !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Victoria, this is stunning !

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. VCictoria this is so beautiful, and a fabulous keepsacke.
    Thank you for joining in the SCSC this week.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful box Victoria, I'm sure it will be treasured by the recipients.

    Liza x

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulous

    thanks for joining us this week on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very, very pretty box Victoria, a real treasure!
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely message, I've switched comment moderation on, only for a while to help me return the compliment.